Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Counterfeiting down, but not all Canadians like the new plastic money





The Bank of Canada has unveiled the latest bills in its new polymer note series, the $5 and $10 denominations, a move that comes as it highlights progress made in the fight against counterfeit currency.
The new $5 note features images of Canadarm2 and Dextre — robotic contraptions that help to build and maintain the International Space Station.The new $10 note features an image of a Via Rail train journeying through the Rocky Mountains. Canadians have complained that the new notes stick together  and can melt. this relates to Law 12 because it talks about Counterfeiting, and About the Law and protection. 

4 comments:

  1. Your blog post relates to law 12 very well. Furthermore, the topic of the post is very captivating.

    -Fred M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Fred. Counterfeiting is very frowned upon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I quite like the polymer bills but I've heard they can melt quite easily! Good article

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally don't like the new design of the bills. Our generation likes to advance in technology but for myself personally, including technology into the new notes is something I wouldn't prefer.

    But aside from personal opinion, I think we can all agree that it's a thumbs down for counterfeiting!

    ReplyDelete